Friday, August 28, 2009

Hottest Girls of Delaware; Kooma

Greetings again, it's been a while but I figured I would post my recent work. This is pretty much the "how I spent my summer vacation" assignment you would always get sometime during the first week of grade school.

Since about May I've been helping out my friend and fellow photographer Paul Pruitt and his "Hottest Girls of Delaware" calender search. You can find out more by going to the website www.hottestgirlsofdelaware.com. There have been 4 different events so far, the last one was a Kooma Restaurant and Bar in Wilmington. Btw, if you have never had Sushi or any Japanese cuisine, I highly recommend you go there. I decided to have dinner there before the shoot and the food was amazing.



Hottest Girls of Delaware, Kooma - Images by Dominic Hanna

As which most of these events they are in very dark clubs bars. I shoot with a Canon 30D and I've notice it has a major problem focusing when in low light situations. Many times thought the night I had to switch to manual focusing because the camera's AF couldn't lock on or just completely miss the subject completely. I didn't notice how bad it was until I got my Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 lens in June. At first I thought I had a major backfocusing problem, but the lens is sharp in daylight. There was another photographer from Spark magazine, who shoots with a 5D(the full frame version). I asked if he was having the same problems, he said no. I'm starting to think my next major photography purchase will be a new body. I've seen great shot come out of the 5D markII, plus it shoot HD video, something I eventually want to play with.

Well anyway that's what I've been doing. My senior year is of college is starting in 2 weeks. I still need a senior project. The high school football team I wanted to follow didn't seem to big on it. Recently I've seen a lot of blog posts from fellow photographer about doing charity projects and that's something that has caught my interest. If anyone knows of anything, feel free to drop me a line.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment